The minimum daily package is set by Tourism council of Bhutan (TCB), Royal Government of Bhutan. The visa is processed and approved by department of Immigration, Royal Government of Bhutan only when the total cost of the tour is deposited in TCB account. The total cost of the tour you have send remains in TCB‘s account and remain safe till you complete your tour with us. After completion of the tour then only TCB will release the tour amount to travel agents. So to confirm your tour advanced payment is required and also in the peak season there will be less chance of getting hotels and air tickets as they are limited luxurious hotels in the country as of now.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
The tariff above set by Tourism council of Bhutan is same for cultural tours, treks and any other special tours.
The minimum daily package covers the following services:
- Government royalty and all the taxes
- Accommodations in best 3 star hotels on twin sharing basis
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Full time English speaking guide
- entrance fees and permits
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)and sightseeing within Bhutan as per the itinerary
Not included in the minimum daily package are:
- USD $ 40 (one time visa fee)
- Flight fare
- Refreshment, any alcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses
- Travel insurance ( Must for trekking)
- Luxury star hotels and resorts available at an additional cost
- Luxury camping/trekking can be arranged at an additional cost
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc.
- Specialized guides (Foreign language, photography, Bird watching, Buddhism, flora and fauna) available at an additional cost.
Tourist travelling in a group less than 3 people is subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package.
These are as follows:
Single individual – US $ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons only – US $ 30 per person per night
Single room supplement
The Government set package rates are valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis and incase of using single room, following supplements will be applicable:
For, Festival seas $ 50 per single room per night
For, other seas $ 30 per single room per night
Visa fee USD $ 40 (onetime payment) per person is payable extra and it can paid along with tour payment.